[geeks] Palm Pilot "rescue"

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 18 14:19:22 CST 2002

An engineer at work had an original palm pilot that he had no use for. I
said I'd give it a home. So, now what to do with it.

Lesseee...
1/2 meg dram and Motorola processor, gee, isn't there a Linux distro that
would run on this? I did hear rumors about a palm linux hack project, but
can't find any mention of it among the noise on google.

Since it has the serial hotsync maybe I should use it as a portable
terminal. I should just place it on a shelf as an example of a pristine
Pilot. Perhaps someday there won't be many around.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751