[geeks] Wireless configuration (was "FS: Lucent 802.11b AP/gateway and PCMCIA card")

Tom Borton tborton at usa.net
Mon Mar 18 11:20:32 CST 2002

Depends on how much trouble you want to cause :).  The easiest method
would be to grab one of the Linux-based boot floppies that will let you
reset the local admin password on the laptop so you can reconfigure it
to support your network.

Barring that, you would have to reconfigure your access point to match
the identifier and WEP settings from his schools network.  It depends on
the card he's using, the access point at school, and the access point
that you would be getting.  Most wireless cards are set to use DHCP, so
the actual IP setup shouldn't be a factor.

Tom