[geeks] Being a guy, and being sentimental.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Mar 18 00:12:41 CST 2002

Okay.

When I was in college in '93-95, I was in my first off-campus
apartment, with a friend as a roommate.

Guys next door were going to throw out a coffee table.

Us: "Why?"
them: "Has a water stain."
us: "we'll take it!"

Covered the stain with a towel, and that served as our TV stand in the
living room.  I took it with me from apartment to apartment, and even
brought it to Texas with me in '96 when I moved down here.

Shortly after Amy moved in, we painted it white.  We've used it for various
things; lately its been the paint can stand in the living room.

I refuse to let her toss it out.  She cant understand why not.

I've had it for almost ten years now.

Someone else male care to explain?

Bill

--