[geeks] lazy thursday night

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Fri Mar 15 18:44:23 CST 2002

> > See, saying something is 'x amount f time away' is all dependant on
> > the speed. My sister for instance can make it from her place out of
> > town to mine in like 20 minutes if she wants, though legally it
> > should take closer to an hour. The distance=time is very subjective I
> > have found.
>
> Indeed.  I've driven from Dallas, TX to Morgantown, WV in
> 14.5 hours.

Distances are the one thing I'm STILL trying to get used to here on the
East Coast.  From where I lived in San Antonio, it would take you at least
4 hours driving (at legal speeds) to make it out of the state (more time
if you headed in any direction but south.  Now, I can be in 4 different
states or at the Atlantic shore in just over an hour and a half.