[geeks] scsi cables

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Fri Mar 15 16:10:28 CST 2002

> > So I see that good is expensibe.  Pournelle spent years preaching the Granite
> > Digital gospel, so I thought I'd check them out.  They want $69 for the cable
> > I need.  Yikes!
>
> Pournelle spent years preaching the gospel of whomever sent him the most free
> crap the month before.

He used to say things like (paraphrase) "XYZ says they have a
product that will do what I need, but they won't give me one so
I doubt it" which I interpreted as "companies that don't fall
all over themselves to help me are bad".

For a "computer expert" he sure did have problems getting
things to work.  He was always calling in someone to get
things working.

> and his habit of naming systems annoyed the fuck out of me.
>
> Hostnames for UNIX boxes are one thing.  giving machines names like PETS is
> another.

This always annoyed me, too.
--
Eric Dittman