[geeks] 101 Dumbest moments in business

robert_brooke gravitt brooke at gravitt.org
Fri Mar 15 11:14:14 CST 2002

If you didn't already see it linked from /.,

<http://www.business2.com/articles/mag/0,1640,38604,00.html>

The 101 Dumbest moments in business.

My favorites:
74. NBC gives excitable superstar chef Emeril Lagasse his own sitcom, Emeril, a show so unremittingly awful that, after the pilot is shown to critics, one stands up at a press conference and asks NBC West Coast president Scott Sassa, "Can you explain how a show like Emeril has gotten as far as it has? I'm not asking that facetiously. I'm trying to understand the process." Despite the pilot's being taken in for retooling, the show is canceled after just seven episodes.

85. Still Partying Like It's 1999, Part 3: Peter Chung, a newly hired associate at the Carlyle Group, sends an e-mail to his friends bragging about his lavish new lifestyle. The e-mail -- in which he boasts of the "hot chicks" he's bedding and concludes, "CHUNG is KING of his domain here in Seoul" -- is sent to thousands of other people and eventually makes its way back to his bosses. Chung, no longer king of his domain, is summarily fired.