[geeks] Books on three tiered architecture?

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Thu Mar 14 11:46:52 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 08:52:41AM -0500, Ryn wrote:

> Does anyone know of any good books on designing a web and application
> server infrastructure? I am looking for something that goes over load
> balancer configuration and placement as well as web and application server
> placement. Can't seem to find something that addresses the design aspects.

I've got a chapter outline for such a book, but I've yet to complete my sample
chapter for submission to a publisher. :) There's a real dearth of
architecture and design books out there. I would suggest 'Configuration and
Capacity Planning for Solaris Servers' by Brian Wong. It's Sun-centric, but
it is an excellent book on architecture concepts, and frankly one of the few
out there.

David