[geeks] ADMINISTRIVIA: Changes to mail delivery policies

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Thu Mar 14 08:09:42 CST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Kris Kirby wrote:
> Lawn committees. I'd have problems with these jokers. Probably because if
> they bitched, I'd set the blasted thing on fire, put it out myself and
> then *not* replant it.

i got even this year. see, last year they called the city on us if our
grass was higher than 4". so finally i took a ton of round-up and went out
there and hosed down the entire yard(mostly weeds). that worked for
awhile.

this winter, i sowed 50 pounds of winter rye seed in my front lawn. it's
the greenest lawn on the block--least 'til the heat kills it--and i bet
the bastards dont know why and are envious as hell. the rest of the lawns
in the neighborhood are brown due to all the bermuda grass around here
being dormant for the season.

my father used to have lawn wars with his neighbors. i was taught from an
early age that a nuclear green lawn in the middle of february can cause
all kinds of revenge. :) my dad played/plays a lot of golf (lives on a
golf course now) so a perfect lawn was and is the ultimate thing for him.

> Growing up in "the country" is bad for you; it makes you respect your
> rights as a property owner.

yep. i can't wait for our remodelling to begin in earnest. hopefully the
shock of seeing the roof come down will kill off a few of the really
obnoxious lawn nazis.

--a