[geeks] ADMINISTRIVIA: Changes to mail delivery policies

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Thu Mar 14 01:46:45 CST 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Another thing that pissed me off is I left my machine to go to the bathroom,
> and when I get back I find that someone is playing a bikini bandits video on
> my machine (which I can't lock because the admin disabled that feature, and if
> I logged off someone else would take the machine because the lab was full),
> and a professor is looking rather displeased.

That sorta reminds me of something I did once:

Imagine a university with a couple of labs filled with Sun Ultras, SGI's
and AIX-boxen. Every night there's people still sitting there, either
playing $TEXT_GAME, using $CHAT_PRG or just plain surfin'. I was on IRC
with a pal sitting there, sending me a picture through his Indy-cam.
Fun.
Next thing I know, I looked at the Universitys "who-page", to see where
on which hosts everybody's sitting.
(By this time my evil horns begin to grow)

I looked up the most disgusting picture I could find on the web within
five minutes and saved it, did a "xv -bg <awful_picture>
-display:<my_friends_host>:0". No success, he didn't have "xhost +" set.
I noticed his friend was sittin right beside him. Tried it and voila'!

Next thing I know my friend told me his right-sitting pal has a sick
mind. :-)

--
Vdnliga hdlsningar/Best Regards
Bjvrn Ramqvist, Hdgglunds Vehicle AB