[geeks] Kurt is loaded with Octane-y goodness...

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Wed Mar 13 22:29:22 CST 2002

> > This light-bar is so cool.  I want to make it oscillate side to side...
>
> You, Bill, and I have each come up with this idea independently.  A few
> weeks ago, when I asked for logic-testing software, I was looking for
> software to test the logic for such a project. :)

Which reminds me of lunch with my wife last week at Friday's (the
same one we met on the blind date!).  Some guy's cell phone kept
ringing.  I find cell phones ringing in public annoying.  Cell
phones ringing in restaurants irritating.  Even worse are cell
phones ringing with tunes, since people seem to enjoy them so
much they keep the volume up and let the whole tune play before
answering so everyone around them can be in awe of their phone.

This idiot's ring tune was the theme to "Knight Rider".  It
kept ringing.  He kept waiting for the whole tune to play
before answering.  He had the volume up.  I wanted to grab
his phone and drop it in his drink.

I was with a friend at a restaurant one that doesn't just
think about saying something; he says what he thinks.  Some
guy was conducting business on his cell phone, speaking so
loud everyone could hear.  My friend went up and in a loud
voice so the business associate on the other end could hear
said, "Hey, asshole, you've been talking so loud everyone can
hear you.  Shut up and let the rest of us enjoy our meals."

Everyone around clapped.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net