[geeks] RE: [rescue] satellite internet service

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Wed Mar 13 20:34:06 CST 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Corda Albert J DLVA wrote:
>   I've already tried that... I even had a sit-down meeting
> with Adelphia's district manager. The end result was
> "No Way".  She insisted that the installation had to
> be carried out by "Qualified" installers. They absolutely
> refused to hook up to a customer-supplied cable.

They don't have the right. Bell can and will attach to your cable at the
point you designate as a mutual demarc. Likewise, they *have* to provide a
cable service to the side of that shed. What you do with it from there IS
NOT THIER BUSINESS!

>  I even
> tried to get them to install to a shed located near the
> pedistal, but she considerd the fiber drop  that I was
> going to run to the shed as a customer-supplied cable
> extension)

Got ahead of myself. :) Same deal, fiber or not, it's your business where
an what you do with it. They have to provide the drop to that location,
and are bound to make damn sure that it works there. What happens after
that they have no business to know about. You've already hurt yourself by
indicating that.

>   I then proceeded to complain at a county cable board
> meeting about the installation costs, but was told that
> $4.00 a foot was "reasonable" and that the contract
> between the county and Adelphia did not put any
> restrictions on it (I even procured a copy of the
> cable contract... they weren't lying)...

OK, so $4 foot to your shed. You like to watch TV in the shed.