[geeks] books on computer architecture

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Mar 13 20:07:58 CST 2002

On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 08:58 , Kurt Huhn wrote:

>> I'm looking for stuff like cpu architectures, etc...
> Ah, I see.  I've never read anything like that, never found the time,
> unfortunately...

I've got my well-thumbed copy of the SPARC architecture handbook lying
around at work.  I needed it when I was learning OS internals and the
like.  Good book.

Someday, I'm going to go spend some time learning to do assembly-level
programming on the SPARC.  It's a fun processor.  Too bad more people
don't use the VIS instructions, they are really slick.

-Pete