[geeks] ADMINISTRIVIA: Changes to mail delivery policies

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Mar 13 17:35:56 CST 2002

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 04:22:19PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Darn Greg.  I just found I can't send you private email because my school
> mail account isn't to a registered MX.  Talk about playing it strict.
>
> 2) It really annoys me when people set up strict input compliance stuff on
> their servers.

" Be liberal in what you receive and conservative in what you send. "
    -- RFC 1123

If the aim is to prevent spam - and it is true that most spammers have
misconfigured mail systems - then it is still silly to block based solely
upon that, simply due to the number of false positives.

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced