[geeks] Comfort Food (was: the mail debate (please read!))

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Mar 13 17:23:37 CST 2002

> TWO BIG MACS FOR TWO BUCKS.  AWWW YEAH.

Sweeeeet.

> THe only food more comforting than this:
> - wife-or-mom-made chocolate chip cookies
> - corn patties
> - chicken soup
>
> Thoughts (on the food)?

My two big comfort food items are grits and beef stew.  As a kid, I think
I had grits for breakfast every morning before school during the colder
months of the year.  So, they're synonymous with a time before I was
introduced to lusers, the 90% of everything that sucks, and all the crap
that goes wrong.

Also, my mom made the best beef stew in the world.  Always very light,
plenty of tomato, and the potatoes never turned to mush.  I had it for
dinner on my 5th through 17th birthdays, inclusive, I think.

I had it on my most recent one (I'm only 22 *grin*), and it's just not the
same.  Mom's stew has gone the way that Coca-Cola did back during the "New
Coke" era.  I can still make it for myself, but it's one of those things
that just isn't as good unless somsone else spends the time to make it for
you.

--Jonathan