[geeks] DEC Storageworks SBB Problem

Jeff Workman jworkman at pimpworks.org
Wed Mar 13 15:32:08 CST 2002

I recently purchased a lot of Seagate ST15150W drives.  I want to replace
the drives in my RZ28M-VW SBB enclosures with them.  For whatever reason,
they're not working.  The RAID config software says that the drive is
failed, and I cannot format, or do anything with it.  What makes this drive
any different than a RZ29?  I set the jumper (there was only one set) on
the ST15150 just like on the RZ29 but to no avail.  Surely to $DEITY I can
get these drives to work without waving a dead chicken over them, right?

HELP!!

Jeff

--
Jeff Workman | jworkman at pimpworks.org | http://www.pimpworks.org