[geeks] revision control

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Mar 12 22:35:57 CST 2002

OK, once again I went ripping through a project, making changes for 4 hours
without doing any recompiles during that time.  As you might imagine, things
were seriously broken.  In fact, I actually did this over a week ago, and this
is how long it has taken me to get it fixed, poking at it an hour or 3 a
night.

So, I'm thinking that a revision control system would be a good idea.
Something that I can check every increment that compiles back into, or check
in nightly, or something.  So, what do people suggest?  A full blown CVS
server for little ol' me?  Something else like RCS or SCCS?  I don't really
know anything about anything outside of using CVS as a client (and knowing
that CVS checkins only take a chord in emacs).

--
Joshua D. Boyd