[geeks] car question (RESOLVED)

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue Mar 12 08:54:00 CST 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Amy wrote:

> > $300!  Ouch - you got ripped of on that battery!

> midas. brakes. 300 for brakes and rotors, not battery.

I'll put in a standard disclaimer on this... Midas is not
a particularly good place to get this done.  It's a shame
that I'm pretty much on the other side of the country,
cause I can do brakes nice and easy and if you price out
the parts I'm betting they won't top $150... probably not
even $100.

> > $300 sounds hellishly expensive!
> not really, considering the damage i did to the car by letting bill drive
> it.

If you can find a reputable independant garage (and I realize that is
rather difficult to do) they should be able to do it for cheaper...
Midas doesn't usually list labor charges because they charge 3-5x what
the part is worth...

Now, I've put that disclaimer in, but if you can't find a reputable
independant, Midas is better than nothing, especially if you're not
like me and are comfortable doing your own brakes.

--Kurt