[geeks] Indigo2 irix(need help)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Mar 11 22:59:29 CST 2002

> The 6.2 cds should cover all hardware up to the release of the O2,
> which includes the IP28.  IIRC the "PATH" variable in the prom should

Really?  My disc set specifically says "IRIX 6.2 with Indigo2 IMPACT
10000", and lists the Indigo2, R4k Indigo, Power Indigo2, Indigo2 IMPACT,
and Indigo2 IMPACT 10000 as the only supported machine types.  The discs
are SGI p/n 812-0469-002 and 812-0470-002, June 1996.

Is this disc -required- for booting an I2 R10k, or it is just a subset of
the full IRIX 6.2 distribution?  I'm curious to see what the supported
machine roster on David's CD set says.

I know that IRIX 6.2 was a platform rollup release, and that every R4k and
later will book IRIX 6.2, but would the I2 R10k boot on every IRIX 6.2 CD
set?

--Jonathan