[geeks] where is compiler_eoe.sw.unix

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Mar 11 22:41:48 CST 2002

> I've got 6.5.3, and need to install the package compiler.eoe.sw.unix in
> order to install Java 1.3.1 from SGI.  They say it's on 6.5 foundation
> CD 1 - but it ain't.  I'm at a total loss...

compiler_eoe.sw.unix is on the Foundation 1 CD, at least, in my 6.5
distribution.  You may need to open the overlay discs as well to get it to
install.

Are you not finding the package at all, or is there a version clash?
That package is updated in MIPSpro 7.3, so the Java SDK may require the
updated package.

Try downloading the MIPSpro overlays from here:
http://support.sgi.com/colls/patches/docs/relstream/mipspro7.3.1.3m/mipspro7.3.1.3m.html

And just installing the compiler_eoe overlays.

--Jonathan