[geeks] car question

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Mar 11 23:01:41 CST 2002

> we went out today to jump it off, connected all the cables correctly, etc.
> the car wasnt charged enough to start or run under its own juice (need
> new battery) after about ten minutes. then i tried to get the windows up.
>
> pushing the up button made the windows go DOWN.
>
> can someone explan possibilities for this happening, and is this condition
> irreversible enough to where i need to take it to the dealership and
> replace something electrical?

It sounds to me as if the polarity of your battery may have been
reveresed somehow.  If I were you, I would RUN out there and disconnect
it before you fry your PCM - if this is indeed the case.

It is also possible that the battery was so low, that the motor to
control the window wasn't able to reverse itself. Stranger things have
happened - and a low-current situation is something that can create
havoc with motors, solenoids, and switches.

Take the old battery out ASAP, and replace it with a nice clean new one.

Kurt