[geeks] Accountable Geeking

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Mar 11 19:53:07 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 06:59:49PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 06:09:21PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > [1] If anyone has gotten PostgreSQL 7.2 to run under IRIX, I would be very
> >     appreciative of whatever black magic was needed.  It doesn't compile
> >     as documented, and I've already RTF FAQ, README, and platform-specific
> >     install guide.
>
> Okay, for simple stuff, can anyone give me reasons (not a flamewar, but
> reasons) to get acquainted with PostgreSQL instead of continuing to use
> MySQL?

Because you will be half way there to learning PSGL when it comes time to do
something not so simple?  Because if you are doing updates you should be using
transactions and MySQL's transactions are unproven/in beta?  I use PSGL
because I want to learn how to write new objects for it.

--
Joshua D. Boyd