[geeks] Indigo2 irix(need help)

David Jellison davidjellison at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 11 17:20:13 CST 2002

status..
indigo2 10k
irix 6.2 cd's
External 12x plextor dksc(1,4,8)
New internal 2.5 gb scsi drive dksc(0,1,7)? {controller #0,
id#1,lun#0,part#?}
I have been able to get to the prom prompt, and "boot -f dksc(1,4,8)sash64
dksc(1,4,7)stand/fx.64 --x" so after running fx and giving the drive an SGI
lable and setup the drive with standard root drive configuration, using xfs
as the default format. after i sy and exit, i then restart the prompt and
select 2(for install new software)to start the mini root install, it copys
the files to 100% then when it tries to boot in t the mini root it gives an
error indicating that the media is not connected. ? so i cant boot in to the
mini root to run mkfs..
any ideas? did i do somthing incorrect?,  I am New to Sgi equipment .
Thank you
David