[geeks] THATS NOT A DOG

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Mon Mar 11 05:04:21 CST 2002

Reminds me of my former dog, also Max. Imagine the largest Rotweiller on the
planet cross bred with a timber-shepherd which in and of itself is a wolf
crossbreed. Well that's Max. Max could look me in the eye when he stood on
his hind legs. He weighed something like 180lbs. Max was the second biggest
dog I've ever seen (the biggest being an overweight Irish wolfhound that I
swear to you was as big as me).

Unfortunately max was also VERY VERY STUPID. I once saw him eat a chain link
fence. It's not that he wanted to get out, he just felt like chewing on
something. So here he goes with the giant head and just starts hooking his
teeth in and biting down. After a few minutes he managed to pull one entire
section  of the fence down a few links at a time.

We couldnt give max balls to play with. He loved them but the only ones we
could find that he wouldnt eat were solid wood, and that's not from lack of
trying. This is a dog that could get enough of his mouth around in one bite
to deflate a basketball.

Unfortunately Maxes tendency to bite extended to other male dogs, so we had
to put him down. It's not nice snapping up a neighbors pug in one bite.

Chris Byrne