[geeks] Sun files suit against Microsoft

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Mar 10 00:55:18 CST 2002

> If we force M$ to ship a free third party program with Windows, why stop
> at 1?
>
> Pretty soon we will be getting 100 CD's every time we have to buy
> Windows.

The problem here is that MS shipped a broken Java at one time, and
continues to block the shipment of Java from Sun while including a bunch
of their own dev tools.  The assumption in some circles is that MS has
instituted some code in Windows to make Java break when you try to
install it.

Frankly, windows is so broken anyhow - I don't know why *anyone* would
use it for more than websurfing and games, but here it is...

Kurt