Fanatics (Was: Re: [geeks] Booze and Religion)

Rick McMullen rbmcmjr at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 9 20:49:09 CST 2002

On Saturday 09 March 2002 05:29 pm, you wrote:

> Then I take it you are opposed to vasectomies, hysterectomies, and
> all other forms of contraception on the same grounds.  If you are
> not, then you are a hypocrite.

How so?  I said nothing to imply that the act of sex must result in
conception.  Once that has taken place, however, I feel that we have an
obligation to respect that.  In that respect, I find your accusation
specious at best.  I enjoy sex with my wife.  We had our two children
and I got fixed.  I took responsiblity for my actions and now we don't
have to worry about a surprise.

> > OTOH, this is just the way _I_ look at it.  Feel free to disagree
> > as vehemently as you wish.  Convince me I'm wrong.
>
> There is little point in trying to convince extremists.

And your point here would be...?  I am merely stating my opinion and
admitting that I am willing to consider the opposing viewpoint.  If you
feel that invective is the only response possible, then you must not
have strong convictions.
--
Rick McMullen