[geeks] Booze and Vegetables

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sat Mar 9 14:49:01 CST 2002

> > urine
> > >
> > > so are vitamin pills :P
> >
> > If you are a true vegan, you won't go near a vitamin pill, since some of
> > the sources are fish oils etc.
>
> good thing i'm not vegetarian and don't have many scruples when it comes
> to food, eh :)

A very good thing.

When I was very young (I think around two or three), my sister
(a year older) and I both had pet chickens we raised from eggs.
When they were old enough, my great-grandfather butchered them
for us.  My mother said we were both very particular about
making sure we had our own chicken for dinner.

I was working on my grandfather's ranch the summer before
graduating high school.  While I was out checking on the
cows (they were starting to birth) I found an abandoned
calf.  The mother had the calf, then went off a ways and
wouldn't take care of it.  I called in on the radio and
someone came in a pickup to get the calf and the cow.
The calf was raised by my aunt and hand-fed.  The cow
was turned into steaks (we didn't keep cows that wouldn't
take care of their calves around).  After the calf was
grown, it made some of the finest steaks I'd ever tasted.

These were all Black Angus, BTW.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net