[geeks] Sun files suit against Microsoft

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Mar 9 11:57:49 CST 2002

On March 9, Tyler Hardison wrote:
> >   Happy, perhaps...but unreadable, unmaintainable, and slower than
> > pissing tar. ;)
>
> Unreadable? Unmaintainable? Slow?  What Perl are you using? But then again in
> Perl you *can* make it as unreadable as you want, but only evil programmers
> do that.  As far as speed, I cant atest to that since I dont write Java. But
> inserting 4000 records an hour into Postgres isnt something to blikn at
> either.

  *sigh*

  ...and the PerlTribesmen descend in force with fire and sword.

  (By the way...4000 records per hour is only a tad over one insert
per second.  That's *not* impressive performance...postgres is
capable of much, much more than that on even not-so-modern hardware.)

  Java is not a fast language.  If I want speed, I program in C or
assembler.  My primary language is C.  Not that you asked, but I
figured I'd clarify since you likely assumed that I'm a "java
programmer" from an earlier message that I sent to the list.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire