[geeks] Booze and Religion

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Mar 8 22:42:06 CST 2002

On March 8, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> What truly scares me is the idea of being a diabetic vegan on the atkins
> diet.  But, thankfully I'm not diabetic or vegan (not a big meat eater, but
> do like some), and I think that the Atkins diet is mainly for idiots
> (although some of the spin off diets could potentially be OK I guess).

  I know of about a dozen people who are or were on the Atkins diet.  At
one point, most of the employees of SkyCache were on it, and the
famous BBQ House in Laurel became so familiar with the requirements
that they made up special dishes for those folks.  Every single one of
them lost a LOT of weight on it.  You may think it's for idiots...but
those idiots have lost, or are losing weight.  So much weight, in
fact, that I'm considering it myself.  It may make me an idiot, but
I'll be a skinnier idiot.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire