[geeks] Booze and Religion

Mike Meredith hmv at meredithm.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Mar 8 16:19:24 CST 2002

On Friday 08 March 2002 22:01, you wrote:
> > >	Unluckily, due to my blood type, I have to eat meat. I know
> > > people with the same blood type who have made themselves diabetic
> > > by being pure vegans.

Vegans who aren't careful are likely to have health problems, but
diabeties ?

> > OUCH.  What blood type is that?
>
> 	O+ : http://www.vegsource.com/klaper/diet.htm explains it a bit

I'm also O+. I guess as I don't eat meat (and haven't for nearly 15
years) and as I eat wheat, I should just fall over dead. Sorry to
disappoint you, but I don't feel like doing that.

> though the author disagrees with the theory. It dosen't help that I
> litterally crave bloody meat sometimes.

The crankier vegetarians claim that meat-eaters are addicted to eating
meat in the same way that a smoker is addicted to smoking. Certainly I
went through a phase of craving meat when I gave up.