[geeks] Booze and Religion

Mike Meredith hmv at meredithm.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Mar 8 14:09:31 CST 2002

On Friday 08 March 2002 18:27, you wrote:
> I don't mind vegetarians who are in it for the health reasons, but

I became a vegetarian for carnal pleasure.

> the ones who are all moralistic about it just annoy me.  Hello,
> something still had to die for you to eat, it just didn't scream.

The fact that animals scream louder than vegetables when harvested
isn't the only moral reason for being a vegetarian. Besides which if
you add it up, the amount of killing I do for my food, is probably
quite a bit less than the amount of killing you do for your food. If
you believe that killing isn't good, then less killing is better.

> Reminds me of the time I had a vegetarian roommate.  She bought a
> vegetable peeler.  I held it up in checkout and said "Kindof makes a
> stun hammer look humane, don't it?".  She almost cried.

You might want to be a bit more careful about poking fun at vegetarians
--- I've known ones who would break your legs for a crack like that
(yes, they're animal rights nutters).