[geeks] Booze and Religion

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Fri Mar 8 12:27:36 CST 2002

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> (Hey, as far as I'm concerned, Buddhists can drink.  Just not to excess,
> which is fine by me. If anyone cares, I also eat meat.  I just take the
> time to appreciate the animal (or plant) that died to feed me.)

I find this really refreshing.  Someone who actually connects that the
plant has to die for you to eat it.

I don't mind vegetarians who are in it for the health reasons, but the
ones who are all moralistic about it just annoy me.  Hello, something
still had to die for you to eat, it just didn't scream.

Reminds me of the time I had a vegetarian roommate.  She bought a
vegetable peeler.  I held it up in checkout and said "Kindof makes a
stun hammer look humane, don't it?".  She almost cried.

--Kurt