wine (was: Re: [geeks] OW.)

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Fri Mar 8 12:04:03 CST 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 06:25, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 12:30:57AM -0600, Geek wrote:
> >
> > > After all, it *was* Jesus who turned water into wine.  Drink up!
> >
> > As I was told when I questioned that, I was told simply that where
> > and when he did that, they couldn;t drink the water. Thus, wine was
> > the only way to avoid dehydration. Not my point, just a quote.
>
> If that was the only reason for drinking wine, then why wouldn't Jesus have
> just purified the water?

Well, a few thousand years ago, it was pretty damn hard to "purify"
water.  As in, there were a places where you could drink the water, and
others where you couldn't.  If you couldn't drink the water, there
wasn't much you could do to make it drinkable, except to cook with it.
If you've had to drink boiled water, you'll go with the wine any day.

As always, none of this is backed up by references, or hindered by any
"facts".  :-)
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.