[geeks] For Dave M - Fscking Suits

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 7 18:57:00 CST 2002

On March 7, Geek wrote:
> Sadly there is not one school in this city that does not do
> MS-centric courses. The most I have found is a short 1 month on Linux
> and how to make it play nice with Windows. I would love a course
> where NT, 98 and 2000 were not 90% of the course, with a little Cisco
> and Novell mixed in with a bit of Linux. The excuse they all give is
> that the market does not want Unix administrators.

  That's college-administrator-speak for "Microsoft gave us all this
money, so..."

  More and more "NT to Unix migration" services are popping up all
over the place.  The world is starting to buy a clue.  Very slowly,
but it *IS* happening.  That means in about fifteen years, colleges
will probably start to buy a clue as well.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire