[geeks] sbus ethernet cards

Michael Schiller schiller at zaphod.agrijag.com
Thu Mar 7 18:16:31 CST 2002

Eric:

The Fast ethernet 1.0/2.0 card isn't supported by Sol8, nor is the FDDI
1.0/2.0 card. Having said that, I have an LX (sun4m) machine with a
1.0/2.0 FDDI card in it, originally I was running 2.6 with it (which
supposedly also isn't supported) fine, and when I upgraded the machine
to Sol8 I figured I would have to replace the bf card, but it still
works fine! Go figure.

-Mike

Eric Dittman wrote:

> > >An IPX has internal ethernet -- look at the DB15 on the back of the box.
> >
> > but if you want more than one for firewall or proxy duties you need
> > an sbus card.
>
> Speaking of which, I'd like to get both an SBUS 10/100 Ethernet
> and FDDI card for my Ultra 2.  I've checked eBay, and some of
> the cards weren't supported by Solaris 8.  Which cards should
> I look for that will work in an Ultra 2 under Solaris 8?
> --
> Eric Dittman
> dittman at dittman.net
> Check out the DEC Enthusiasts Club at http://www.dittman.net/