[geeks] SCO Openserver help...

nimitz at owc.net nimitz at owc.net
Wed Mar 6 05:03:00 CST 2002

Once again I find that a new challenge has been dropped in my lap.

The "corporate" office of the company I'm consulting for has, as of today,
said that they're bringing by a Compaq SCO Openserver to have me look at
getting the data off it.  This is all billable time but it's still a
surprise in as far as my skills are concerned - having seen SCO operate
only a couple of times.  Thus I'm currently Googling my little heart out
for SCO Beginner Guide goodness.

How different is System V versus say Solaris or 'BSD?  Is it something
that should feel fairly familiar to me or is it going to be as alien to me
as say (no flames meant) VMS?

Anybody got a good link to some info?

Thanks in advance!

Mike Hebel