[geeks] Intel's new bechmark idea

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Wed Mar 6 02:38:11 CST 2002

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Can you afford shipping on a 715/50?  On a pizza box Quadra?  On a lunch box
> sun?  If so, then I can hook you up with a serious unix machine.  They really
> are pretty easy to come by.

I have (4) Sun lunchboxes in ghetto-colo at a radio station; three IPXs
and one IPC. I'm not terribly impressed with them. I'm thinking of a
serious UNIX box in terms of a U1-U?? or a decent SGI.

715/50 sounds like an HP-UX box. I've seen a few of these orphaned
children at work. They are poorly kept. But dig the LEDs...