[geeks] Is it me, or is this group awfully cheap?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Mar 4 07:47:13 CST 2002

> Ok, I live in the cheap capital of Canada, and this group seems to
> jump at anything that is offered for free. I am not sure if this is a
> bad thing, or just a group of people more then happy to take
> advantage of a great deal, but it seems tome that this group and
> their frugality would be the envy of my entire city.

I personally stay away from a lot of stuff, and try to clean out as much
of the old as possible.  However, once in a while someone offers stuff
up for free that I can't refuse, or need in order to complete an
existing or broken workstation.

My measure of acceptable additions is usually: "where would I put this,
and what would my wife say if I put it there".  Being without a basement
has truly limited my storage options - especially since the garage is
now a mini-gym...

That said - I usually have to think long and hard about what to grab
when it's offered for free or low cost.  I want it all :)

Kurt