[geeks] Sendmail

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Sun Mar 3 03:37:59 CST 2002

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 10:01:22PM -0500, Ryn wrote:
> I cannot seem to find my reference, but I thought I read pmce a way to
> set sendmail options in /etc/default. I want to make sure patch upgrades
> don't overwrite /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. Does anyone happen to know?

Yup.. patches and /etc/mail/sendmail.cf don't go well together...

We use a script to apply patches which copies the sendmail.cf, applies the
patches, and then copies the sendmail.cf back in.

This could lead to you missing some functionality, but at least it means you
dont bounce mail because the new sendmail.cf doesn't do what the old one
did!

  Scott