[geeks] own your own abrams

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Fri Mar 1 17:35:18 CST 2002

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> So, who all is into RC land vehicles?  I'd love to be into it, but money was
> always a problem.  I used to have an RC car (a cheap one from a relative)
> wired up for parallel port control.

I have a Nikko 4x4 that Chan bought me a few years ago.  (It matches the
toyota I had at the time).  It's sat for a while, as it romps through
battery packs, and is slow.  However, I am considering adapting a
gell-type motorcycle battery to it, and upping the voltage to maybe 9v or
so from 7.2v.  Hee, hee...

(First idea was Estes rocket engines mounted on the bed with a circuit
that ignited them when the control stick was pushed to max throttle.  If
we lived in a wetter climate, i might consider it.)

-Pete