Kyocera cutlery (was [geeks] Be)

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sat Jun 29 18:25:13 CDT 2002

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, James Sharp wrote:
> I've grilled something maybe 5 times in my life.  Including the times
> she's watched me undercook stuff (which I don't really, I tend to overcook
> it...especially chicken.  2 really nasty cases of food poisoning will do
> that to you.)

Grilling is an art form. Especially meats like chicken, which aren't the
same thickness throughout (like a steak or a pork-chop). It just takes
time and practise to gauge how long the chicken needs to more or less sit
on the grill before rising to an appropriate internal temp so you don't
wind up sick as a dog for days.

> > Gas grill? Yuck. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
>
> I agree.  Mesquite charcoal all the way.

My Dad recently won one of those huge stainless gas grills in a golf
tourney. He's now got these grandiose plans of grilling out for my
birthday. He called me and asked how to change the propane tank. My
response: "Dad, first you call Darryl (guy who donated the grill to the
winner's prizes). Then you suck up your pride and ask him to change it so
you don't blow up your nice new house." He laughed and I pointed out that
we could always go get a Weber kettle and BBQ properly over charcoal.

I'm betting on the Weber and that I'll end up doing the cooking and he'll
be the one eating. ;)

--a