Kyocera cutlery (was [geeks] Be)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Jun 29 17:05:06 CDT 2002

Kris Kirby wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > I make the best goddamn barbeque chicken *I've* ever had.  Funny thing, I just
> > figured out how to do it 'right' about 6 months ago...
>
> Do tell.

The secret is to marinate the chicken in BBQ sauce for at least two hours -
overnight if you can do it.  Then put them right onto a roaring hot grill for a
couple minutes each side to sear them and seal the juices in.  Spoon (not
brush) a generous layer of sauce on.  Then turn down the flame (or knock down
the coals) and just leave it alone until the flame-facing side is done, then
flip and spoon on more sauce, and leave it alone till done.  The less movement,
the better.  As far as 'done' goes, use your better judgement.  Most days, for
bone-in chicken it will take about 5-10 minutes per side.

--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster