[geeks] FS: NetGear RT314

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Jun 29 00:19:52 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 11:28:45PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:
> > Yep.  I swapped it in when I was having connection problems last
> > weekend, and have just left it installed.  Turns out the CompUSA
> > branded one is a lower-cost-lesser-features GigaFast EE400RP, which
> > is the same hardware platform as a SMC Barricade, etc.
> Why would you want to stick with the lesser-features model?

I didnt say it had lesser features than the RT314; it has lesser features
than the SMC Barricade (e.g., no COM port or printer port).

The RT314 actually has *more* features (DynDNS client, CLI interface,
serial console port, etc), but I have no need for two gateway NAT
boxes, and since this one works fine I might as well sell one of them.

bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net