[geeks] quiet tonight

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Fri Jun 28 22:58:41 CDT 2002

> Or you could just record it with an ATI AIW, or a TiVo, and any card
> with a Sun tuner box.  The TiVo lets you easily skip commercials, and
> the rest can easily identify and erase or just skip commercials as a
> seperate pass.

I've got a TiVo.  At the moment, though, its out of program data because I
haven't had the chance to reinstall the PPP-over-serial hack that got
wiped out when the Version 3 software came out.

It also is...less than reliable automagically changing channels on my DSS
system.  There's a serial port that's designed to let the TiVo control DSS
systems directly, but that's being taken up by the PPP link.

Once I get some money, I'll buy a TivoNet adapter and put the freakin
thing on ethernet.