[geeks] cisco gurus?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jun 28 18:44:25 CDT 2002

  Hi folks.  Can anyone tell me if a VIP2-40 or -50 will run ok in a
Cisco 7010, and if I can put a fast ethernet PAM in said VIP2?
Also...I know some distributed routing business goes on when you use
VIPs; are there any restrictions on assigning an interface that's hung
off of a VIP into a bridge group with an interface on a CX-* -style
board, like when bridging between a fast ethernet interface and a FDDI
interface?

          Thanks,
          -Dave