[geeks] um, hi. I'm new.

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Fri Jun 28 09:15:02 CDT 2002

Dwight,
  I don't really care about the whole blog weblog thing.  Whatever.
My two complaints are:

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Geek wrote:

> Ok, I will spare myself and everyone else from a quote, in whole or in part. I know you

Most people don't read email with a 90+ column screen.  Etiquette on
mailing lists says keep your posts to 70 columns or less (this allows
stuff to be quoted a couple times before it line wraps).  Doing 90+
column lines makes your entire rant look sloppy because the last two
or three words of one of your lines are on a line by themselves.

Not onto complaint #2:

> Dwight Wallbridge,   |I am a pico using, weblog maintaining
> Geek, Blogger.         |proud Canadian Geek
>
> Geek's World http://www.geeksworld.net
> Geek Blog http://www.geekblog.net/
> Geek Blog's Forums http://www.geekblog.net/phpBB2/
> Geek Blog Mail Lists http://www.geekblog.net/lists.html
two lines after two hyphens to avoid this silliness.

Seriously, you don't need 7 lines there.  Those last two URLs
are other links on your site, yes?  Why don't you just put
EVERY FRIKKIN URL on your site in your .sig?!?  Cause that
would be silly?  Too late.

And then, at least this time your email was several times the
size of your signature, but most of the time you write one
line replies.  WITH SEVEN LINES OF SIGNATURE!  Gah.

I don't have a problem with you, I don't have a problem with
your "blogging"  (although I personally think the term
seems like something the marketroids would come up with to
make what you do sound more "hip"), but I'm so tired of about
it.  Yes, you have a website.  That's not that impressive.
What you do is valid for you and a bunch of other people.
And some of the people here don't think so.  Mainly because
of the term you use (and most here just object to the term).
So we get huge rants from you about how what you do IS
important, how it cures cancer and eases pain.  Whatever.
If you don't want to be poked about it, don't bring it up.
Stop whining.  Please.

</rant>

There, that's off my chest.  Not entirely sure where it came
from, I'm not even particularly cranky this morning.

--Kurt