[geeks] baby stuff

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Fri Jun 28 07:40:35 CDT 2002

That absolutely sucks.  Ran into that with our second kid, $pediatrician
is not a "participating provider" so theoretically we have to pay up
front, and get only 80% reimbursement.  Fortunately $pediatrician
doesn't make us pay up front, and waits for the reimbursement before
getting grumpy about the other 20%.

And of course with me out of work, and my wife working for NY state, she
didn't get any paid maternity leave.  That wouldn't make me so mad,
except that NY State made it law that all companies with more than x
number of employees (I forget x) provide short term disability which can
be applied to maternity leave, then exempted themselves, even though
they are the largest employer in the state.

Tim