[geeks] geek chicks & stuff

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Fri Jun 28 03:40:30 CDT 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 s at avoidant.org wrote:

> Amy wrote:
> > If memory serves, Bill and I lived together for four years or so before we
> > got bored enough to get married. Not so my ex-husband. I was stupid and
> > naive then.
>

> Um, I asked Leah to marry me on our third date. we were married three
> months later.
> Yeah, we've had problems, but we're in it for better or worse, and I'm
> quite happy about it.

I doubt anyone can find a problem-free marriage/relationship. If any man
and woman (or any other combination) say that their relationship is
problem-free and perfect, they're either lying or born and bred from
aliens. :)

It doesn't really matter if you wait or not as long as you take it seriously
enough to try your best to make things work as best as possible given the
circumstances. My first marriage, I was young, stupid and foolishly rushed
into something with the wrong person. As I said, the second time around we
just happened to wait because we weren't bored enough to bother with the
whole dog and pony show.

It wasn't any big deal, like we *had* to get married..we were basically
'married' from day one anyhow. The rest is just a piece of paper in
comparison with the relationship itself. I dunno about other people, but I
never felt more married after getting married than before.

--a