[geeks] baby stuff

Jennifer Sharp jensharp at psychoses.org
Fri Jun 28 00:18:35 CDT 2002

>> Ok lowdown on the baby: We are fine. Info can be found here so as not to
>> spam the list: http://insane.psychoses.org/Baby.htm
>
>Thanks for a url instead of a long post, seriously. There are some things
>I'm rather overly sensitive to and babytalk is one of em. Eventually I'd
>crack like the San Andreas and it wouldn't be pretty. :)

*grin* I understand completely.

>> (or so they tell me). Don't know the gender yet. Haven't had the latest
>> ultrasound that shows it.
>
>Have fun. :/  When I had one of those I felt like they were looking for
>the Loch Ness Monster in there. It wasn't pleasant.

I've had two already. First was a trip to the ER because a friend convinced
me that I had an ectopic pregnancy and was miscarrying (turned out to be
round ligament stretching). Second for the round ligament stretching that
had me doubled over crying (either that or gas). James panics when I cry so
he threatened to call my father-in-law and I went. ( My dad-in-law
intimidates the hell out of me which is really rare ). Both showed normal
pregnancies but the coolest damned thing was seeing the little heart beating
for the first time. I was laying there trying not to pee all over the
ultrasound tech when James says "COOL!" so I looked up and we saw it's
little heart beating. The second one we saw it wiggling around in there and
it had little toes and fingers. We got no pic that time tho. :( I had a doc
appt today and it is always so cool to hear its little heart beating ten
thousand miles an hour.

>> You are a doula, huh? I may need you to deliver this child if my health
>> insurance problems keep going the way they are.  :P
>
>You don't have insurance?

No, someone dropped the ball on the insurance. I am not sure if it was
James' former employer. (Fill in RANT here.) or if it was the insurance
company itself. Either way they cancelled on us so we have to figure an
alternate and pretty damned quickly too

Jennifer Sharp

"Do not taunt happy fun pregnant woman." -- James Sharp