[geeks] FBI vs. bandwidth thieves

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jun 27 18:04:03 CDT 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Huh?  You mean it's pure digital coming off the wire?  How the hell
> do they do that...is it fiber to the box?

Well, not fiber to the box, but there's an odd boxy thing on the side of my
house that the coax cable comes out.  I could be wrong, it's happened before,
but I was told by someon that is *supposed* to know.  I've not done the
research, don't know how this cable-internet thing works, and I don't care to
learn - so chances are that I'm grossly misinformed.

That said - I've decided that I probably *am* wrong, considering the info from
you and Greg...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster