[geeks] (no subject)

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Jun 27 17:33:58 CDT 2002

[ On Thursday, June 27, 2002 at 17:39:39 (EDT), dave at cca.org wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] (no subject)
>
> mturner at whro.org writes:
>
> >	What I always find amusing in these arguments is that people miss
> >the fact that editor preference is based on what you started with. Same
> >thing with OSes and web browsers. Whatever you start out with is what you
> >will gravitate to. It is very hard to break these patterns once established.
>
> Not always.

Indeed.  I started with 'ed', then used a full-screen version called
'fred' (which had an "open" mode which was very 'vi'-like) and then I
discovered 'emacs'....  :-)

I've learned more about 'vi' than most 'vi' users, but I still gravitate
to something resembling 'emacs' and not back to anything like 'ed' or
even 'fred'.

--
								Greg A. Woods